(Senior) Systems Engineer – Microsoft
ti&m stands for technology, innovation & management. We are leader for digitisation, security and innovation projects and products in Switzerland and we are striving to do the same in other financial and technology centres. We offer our discerning clients vertical integration throughout the IT value chain. At our offices in Zurich, Bern, Frankfurt and Singapore, we currently employ over 355 outstanding engineers, designers, and consultants. And further offices in Europe will follow. The basis of our growth lies in our strengths and values: courage, a wealth of ideas, agility, and entrepreneurial flair, coupled with sustainability and Swissness.
Due to our strong growth, we are looking for a Systems Engineer with a broad knowledge of networks, infrastructures, virtualization and Microsoft platforms to advise our clients and our internal hosting center.
The role requires a (technical) university degree in information technology, proven professional experience, stylistically appropriate German and English (written and spoken), flexibility, motivation, and an interest in working with clients and colleagues.
- Building, operating, and optimizing complex infrastructures with demanding requirements as regards availability, security, and performance.
- Working on projects relating to both the design and implementation of new solutions, in close collaboration with ICT system architects and project managers.
- Systems engineering duties in the relevant departments.
- Degree in information technology from a university of applied sciences, the ETH (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology) or a university, or extensive professional experience
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in systems engineering with in-depth knowledge of at least one of the following areas, preferably with relevant qualifications:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 and higher
- Server virtualization based on VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Desktop/application virtualization based on VMware Horizon and ThinApp, Microsoft
- Microsoft products: Active Directory Services, System Center Suite, Windows, Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Skype for Business
- Server, storage and backup systems
- Networks (routing, switching, etc.)
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft O356
- Additional technical expertise desirable
- The ability to think analytically and on an interdisciplinary level
- Entrepreneurial, self-reliant, and quality-focused, client- and results-oriented
- High degree of motivation and flexibility and a willingness to learn new things
- Structured and target-oriented approach
- Communicative, team-focused and assertive personality, able to deal with conflict
- Experience of regulated industries such as banking or payment services
- Basic understanding of Linux
We can offer you an interesting and dynamic working environment with attractive employment conditions. Our company culture is based on mutual respect, commitment, and transparency. Continual internal and external training is very important to us.
Would you like to use your talent and expertise in a team-oriented environment? Send your personal and complete application including cover letter, CV, diplomas, and work references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will only consider complete applications. We look forward to meeting you!