Senior Software Engineer – Java EE
ti&m stands for technology, innovation & management. We are leader for digitisation, security and innovation projects and products in Switzerland and we are striving to do the same in other financial and technology centres. We offer our discerning clients vertical integration throughout the IT value chain. At our offices in Zurich, Bern, Frankfurt and Singapore, we currently employ over 355 outstanding engineers, designers, and consultants. And further offices in Europe will follow. The basis of our growth lies in our strengths and values: courage, a wealth of ideas, agility, and entrepreneurial flair, coupled with sustainability and Swissness.
Due to our strong growth, we are looking for a senior software engineer specializing in Java EE to advise our clients and implement projects involving web applications.
The demands of the role require a (technical) university degree in information technology, proven professional experience, stylistically appropriate German and English (written and spoken), flexibility, motivation, and an interest in working with clients and colleagues.
- Supporting the analysis, conception, and implementation of complex projects involving JEE-based web and portal solutions
- Acting as the technical lead on JEE projects – from solution design and unit testing to the deployment of components
- Assisting with technical solution concepts and managing consulting mandates involving JEE
- Working with our systems engineering specialists to plan/scope operating environments (or HW architectures as necessary)
- Designing and implementing continuous integration development environments
- Excellent experience with JEE application servers such as Oracle WebLogic or IBM WebSphere
- Many years’ experience in the conception, design, and implementation of Java and JEE-based solutions
- Profound knowledge of how to apply best practices in SW development (including UML, process models such as Scrum, RUP, test-driven development)
- Experience with clustering, EJB, connection pooling, and JMS
- In-depth knowledge of web technologies such as JSF, Struts, Ajax, or JS frameworks (e.g. AngularJS) is desirable
- Excellent abstract thinking and good communication skills
We can offer you an interesting and dynamic working environment with attractive employment conditions. Our company culture is based on mutual respect, commitment, and transparency. Continuous internal and external training is very important to us.
Would you like to use your talent and expertise in a team-oriented environment? Send your personal and complete application including cover letter, CV, diplomas, and work references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will only consider complete applications. We look forward to meeting you!